Average Divemaster's Salary

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for the record, 13K and 18K a year won't get you too far in the US.

You may avoid living under a bridge, or get a meal....but it won't be a hot one....
(props if you can name where I lifted the last bit from. :) )

I gotta take AT LEAST one of Ken's classes so I can say he made me a sammich!

Sammich? Dude...

Couldn't agree more. As for kensuf's point of working for next to nothing because "it's fun" also totally agree--see my post way back about "professional" musicians working for free beer, etc.--another "fun" job, and as well, one that most frequently is not a "day job" that supports one. Hey, weren't we all told in high school that if you find a job you love you'll never "work" a day in your life? Not.
And photographers are expected to work "for exposure"

I never made a cent, about zero. But I did get to go on dive trips and occasionally was tossed a piece of dive gear and got to work for the shop which they did pay me for. N

It seems to me that the Master Scuba Diver cert would be the way to go.

What does MSD get you, ie. what can you do with it? Maybe we should start a thread...

This thread should be a sticky at the top of go pro forum. A counterpoint to the viewpoints expressed by many a shop and agency. Not that those viewpoints should not be looked at as well.

So why be a DM?

I enjoy the look on someone's face when they have that "oh wow" moment. It could be their first time on scuba, seeing their first Goliath Grouper, or their first stratified clay bank. It gives me satisfaction and enjoyment to share these experiences with others.

Zero. If you are lucky you might get some $ for expenses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom