Average prices for 2 tank boat dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We'll be staying at the Residencias Reef condos, so that equates to the Wyndham on Christi's list if I'm not mistaken.

We will be diving seven days. To this point, only my wife and I have ever dove in Cozumel. Twice, both times were when we were cruise ship passengers. Each time we did afternoon two tank dives privately booked with Dive Paradise. The first time we did Paradise and Tormentos. It was just the two of us, and one gentleman that was taking pictures that trailed us and the divemaster the entire dives.

The second time we had another couple with us. We did Santa Rosa wall and Paradise.

I'm the kind of diver that doesn't get easily bored by repeat trips to the same dive sites, if it's a good one. Every dive is different to me.

I'm glad that our location won't likely preclude us from visiting the Santa Rosa Wall, as I really enjoyed going there.

The two trips I've done before were likely intentionally done at sites in the more northern end of the marine park for the same considerations discussed here - time, fuel economy, convenience. So I'm looking forward to getting to see some of the famous Palancar sites for the first time.

Christi, I believe that Alison also offers overnight storage of your dive gear, although I don't know if she can provide the "proper" storage of which you speak.

Been diving with Dive Paradise for the past 5 years with my family of four.I think they have the best rate, but you have to book thru one of their agents from their websites.I use Bay Adventure always.We usually take the 7 days/14 dives and hotel package with Dive Paradise.They are a very well run outfit,and their DMs are safety conscious,and attentive.I know with 4 divers,accomodation ,airfares,and food,the cost can be pretty high.

Christi, I believe that Alison also offers overnight storage of your dive gear, although I don't know if she can provide the "proper" storage of which you speak.

Yes, she does....and she actually washes the gear rather than leaving it piled in a corner :) I've edited my post to add Alison! There could be other small ops I've missed that offer this as well...these are just the ones I know of.

But i want to really make the point again that there are some shops that will store your gear....but they don't wash it. It's just stored in the gear room.

Yes, she does....and she actually washes the gear rather than leaving it piled in a corner :)
Had to laugh ... if you've ever dove with Alison, she a 'bit' obsessive in packing up and organizing the gear - and everything else on the boat! She's the poster child for "a place for everything, and everything in its place." So when I leave my gear with her, I know it's very well cared for. (Probably better than what it gets for the first day or two after I get home from the trip! :11:)

Why is It that People Think CHEAPER is Better...
Diving is a SERVICE not a PRODUCT...the Cheapest camera price maybe best DEAL...
But The CHEAPEST SERVICE is often the worst DEAL..
Scuba 2 tank Dives in HAWAII are $110 with My Company.
I Have been Diving with The Upper End Operators in Cozumel and believe Me you get what you Pay for..
Aloha Mark.

Diving is a SERVICE not a PRODUCT...the Cheapest camera price maybe best DEAL...
I Have been Diving with The Upper End Operators in Cozumel and believe Me you get what you Pay for..
Aloha Mark.

We've all got our own ideas as to what we are willing to pay for and how much. The high end Coz dive ops are not worth the extra expense to me, but DSFDF and YMMV. "You get what you pay for" is a truism that is not universally true.

Aloha Mark.

I Agree With What Ggunn Said.

It is true though that if you regard small groups as important then you should expect to pay more, as there are fewer people on the boat to cover boat/fuel costs & wages. And most discerning divers DO want small groups. I compete with cattle boat operations who make good money, but if I charge so much as $1 more than they do for my groups of <6 I find my customers desert me. Yet they pay lip service to loving the small groups, going where they want, diving as long as their computer will let them, etc.

It is true though that if you regard small groups as important then you should expect to pay more, as there are fewer people on the boat to cover boat/fuel costs & wages. And most discerning divers DO want small groups. I compete with cattle boat operations who make good money, but if I charge so much as $1 more than they do for my groups of <6 I find my customers desert me. Yet they pay lip service to loving the small groups, going where they want, diving as long as their computer will let them, etc.

I haven't run into that really. There are always people that are not going to choose the higher priced operators because they are looking for lower prices. But the people that really are looking to be a little more spoiled, are willing to pay a little higher price because there is value in it for them. The key is not only providing them a smaller group, but provide them with something they can't get from the cattle boat operations...and provide exceptional service. If you do that, they will understand your higher prices and won't abandon you for a few dollars and less service :)

I agree with Christi. When I pick a dive operator, Price isn't my first, or even second, primary concern. There are certain amenities that are quite important to me, and I'll be a little more to get them. I have to have a camera friendly operator. I really like a freshwater rinse between dives. I definitely prefer to have a long SI at a beach club over a shorter SI bobbing around on a small boat.

Some people are find with just a boat ride to the dive site and having the required guide for the dives, and some people want a little more. It is nice that there is a wide variety of operators in Cozumel to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom