Ax Men go SCUBA diving for logs ~ Aqua Logger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is reality TV. I'm assuming most of what they do is scripted or at least suggested. If James and James looked competent and just pulled up logs I doubt anyone would watch. The fact that they crash their boat, yell, jump in without a mask on, are almost certainly created for the humor.

If you look on their website you see massive timber they recovered, along with beautiful wood work. If they were as goofey as they appeared on the show there is not way they could produce such beautiful work.

Just my 2 cents.

The explosives and the snake were not the father son logging team. Shelby is a Cajun that is pulling old growth Cyprus out of the Louisiana swamps near lake Ponchartrain, he has used hookah maybe once in the whole time he has been on the show, but never Scuba. The pistol was a .45 Colt ACP. The people being discussed in the rest of this thread are Jimmy and James Smith who are currently logging on the Swanni river in Florida.

Don't know what you were watching but just reran it and that was no Colt .45. More like a stainless super blackhawk or redhawk REVOLVER in .44 mag with a 10 inch barrel that he was firing single action.

What got me was that they had all those camera angles and "hitch" cams going on the supposedly "forgotten" trailer hitch. If they didn't know it wasn't latched, why did they set up like 4 different cams on it? Just how much was re-created or staged? ;-)

And where did he get all the money to build a boat and get a new truck and haul it all the way down there? I smell payoff. It isn't that big a deal, I just wish these shows would be honest about it and not make out like they are documentaries.

I am convinced they are pretty much total morons. Not sure what ever happened to all the citations he had up here from DNR for illegally harvesting the wood in WA state.

Jack

I'm with you Jack, I thought the same thing. Also, while they were on the boat and the old man was talking to Jimmy over the coms he wasn't even pressing the the mike key in one scene. I had to back up the DVR to see it....... :shocked2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom