AXT50 or XTX50?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have an XTX50 and although I only took it diving once so far, I have to say it breathes beautifully. Gives you plenty of air without throwing it down your throat. Saying that I believe the ATX also breathes the same. As others have said you probably won't switch from left to right configuration, but it's always nice to have the option. The same goes for the exhaust. I favour the wider tee because it keeps your vision clear, but I like having the option of changing it. In short, they're pretty much the same reg, you just have more accessories on the XTX50. I'd say wait for the XTX50.

I have five Apeks regulators. When I ordered an ATX50 earlier this year, Apeks sent the store an XTX50. Comparing the two side-by-side, the XTX looked cheaply built and felt cheap. I was not impressed with the security of the exchangable exhaust tee. I wound up having the shop switch out the XTX50 second for an ATX50 second, but I kept the XTX50 first. Hooray for four 3/8" LP ports instead of the silly 1/2" port!

I'm probably repeating everyone else but at least you know there's consensus :p

ATX50: smooth venturi switch

XTX50: smooth venturi switch, 2 exhaust tees, L or R hose routing, sexier

If you plan on keeping the reg for a while and want to get into tech diving in the future the L to R ability might come in handy. At my shop they're the same price so the point is moot. If they're the same price at your shop pick up whatever you can dive sooner. They're the same mechanically.

I have a TX50 btw.

Just wait for the XTX specially if you can get the free octo either way, if you couldn't I'd say get the atx now so you can get the free octo then take it back and get the xtx. =)

Also, it's nice to have the choice of either tee. I prefer the small tee, but as they say, YMMV.

Wys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom