Apeks ATX50 from 2001 - still good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All,

So I bit the bullet and bought a new set of Apeks XTX50 with XTX40 octo, and I brought my old Oceanic Atom 1.0 dive computer and had them attach the transmitter via a short hose to the new reg. The store manager was kind enough to inspect the transmitter o-rings and replaced one of them that was worn, and also installed a spool before connecting to the short HP hose. I was able to test that my old computer still works and the transmitter was transmitting the correct pressure. I tested breathing through the regs, and since I haven't been diving for a while, he refreshed my memory on some basics and showed how to properly care for the DIN set as my previous set was Yoke. I'll probably keep the old set and use it when only Yoke is available.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and info! Can't wait to get back into the ocean!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom