Back in the water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TartanFrog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
A week ago I got great news from my oncologist and radiation oncologist. Excellent results, no signs of the tumor.

On Thursday of last week I flew to Ft Lauderdale and spent the weekend diving. I was nervous about getting back in the water, but everything went very well. I took it very easy and was very aware of breathing and any signs of distress. I also had 3 dive buddies in very close proximity that are completely aware of the situation and who were constantly checking on me. In total over the 3 dive days I did 7 dives including wreck dives up to about 85 ft and multiple shallow reef drift dives.

I am very happy to say there were no issues either under water or getting in and out of the boat in "sporty" conditions.

Welcome back to the water.....thats the fun part! But more importantly, congratulations on beating the cancer :banana:

Congrats, and continued good health and diving!

Congrats.

It took 3 years for me to recover enough strength to start diving again, but I'm havin' fun now.

Thanks everyone! It was great to get back in the water. 3D congratulations on getting back in. We know how tough the fight can be!

TartanFrog - AWESOME. Wishing you many exciting dives to come!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom