Back inflation BCD that wont break the bank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rapidiver:
Gotta admit, that's a heck of a price!

My daughter wants a weight-integrated BC. I am debating between this Mares and a Dacor Talon from Scubatoys.

I'll probably also buy one for myself and retire the Aqualung Wave.

Zeagle makes a very nice rear enflate. Bought my wife an escape two years ago.

Zeagle Stiletto for me but just about everything Zeagle does they do well. I also like the Scubapro Knightkawk and the Dive Rite TransPac.

I passed on the TransPac and bought the Stiletto and now I lust for one. I imagine if I had passed on the Stiletto and had bought a TransPac I would be lusting for the
Stiletto.

The Chute tends to be more BC than I like. I;m sure they're good and obviously people liuke they way they feel.

I absolutely love my Zeagle Brigade and Joe & Larry at Scuba Toys are great. Honestly some of the best customer service ever.

Joe

garyfotodiver:
My daughter wants a weight-integrated BC. I am debating between this Mares and a Dacor Talon from Scubatoys.

I'll probably also buy one for myself and retire the Aqualung Wave.

dont know how old your daughter is, but diverite used to have a program what pretty much comes to "you buy from us and we will take care of your growing kids for free". might wanna look into that.

I used a Chute 2 for years, and I took it on many trips to the tropics. I put it through its paces in the Great Lakes too; even under a foot of ice. The only downside for travel is that it is a little heavy. A travel BC for travel use is most convenient. But if you can only afford one BC, and it needs to do double duties the chute is a good BC. Travel with it is doable. The Chute 2 was a very similar model to the Chute 3 which I suspect you are considering the latter. Only the Chute 3 has the better/improved weight pocket system. Both were excellent BCs. I say were because they are discontinued. Due to that you can probally find a good deal on one from a shop closing them out. Oceanic has new models to replace the Chute series though. They are worth a look. If you decide on getting a dedicated travel BC in the future there are many great BCs on the market these days. Oceanic and Aeris both have back inflate travel BCs available at this time. Both weigh around six pounds and have integrated weight systems.
I hope this was useful info to you if not too late.

get the Zeagle ranger...it is fantastic

JJP161:
I absolutely love my Zeagle Brigade and Joe & Larry at Scuba Toys are great. Honestly some of the best customer service ever.

Joe
Another vote for the Brigade here.

Back
Top Bottom