Backplate or vest BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwalker77477:
I'm deciding between the Wing/BP and the Brigade. I like both the Brigade and the Deep See BP/wing so far. What would be good for me here, is if someone could put some links to BP vendors for us to check out. Is there a links thread on here anywhere?

I'm in Houston and have to travel to almost every dive site I go to, so light/compact is good.

I have been using DiveRite backplate since I first swtiched over. Chose DiveRite mainly because of its availability in my market. I am happy with it. Their corporate site: www.diverite.com and you can buy it on line via www.diveriteexpress.com.

From travelling, you might want to consider aluminum backplate (weight 1.5lb). Just order an DiveRite stainless backplate (weight 5lb) to replace my AL to reduce the amount I need to add.

paulwalker77477:
I'm deciding between the Wing/BP and the Brigade. I like both the Brigade and the Deep See BP/wing so far. What would be good for me here, is if someone could put some links to BP vendors for us to check out. Is there a links thread on here anywhere?

I'm in Houston and have to travel to almost every dive site I go to, so light/compact is good.

Here's a list I've been compiling of backplate and Wing manufacturers - Most have websites you can check out, and several have representatives available here on SB you can ask directly about their products.

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba/bpwing.html

Aloha, Tim

Wow , nice list ... thanks

While I like my SP Knighthawk , and I do like the "backpack" feel of it on my hikes to the water for a shore dive , I wish (like many) that I had known about BP/W's before I bought it (did change mine to a back inflate from a jacket style because of long surface swim jacket "squeeze") I probably would have gone for BP/W , maybe with some shoulder pads or maybe a TransPac or TransPlate , not sure, just thinking out-loud about the shore hike/comfort thing

DB

Awesome! You Truely must be some kind of a BP/Wing link Guru! Thank you so much, Kidspot!

Kudos to Kidspot.

Before I get wet, I like to do a double-check that all my stuff is connected properly. I like the gentle squeeze of the vest re-confirming that my inflator hose is properly connected. I've never had my BC uncomfortably tight (a complaint I've heard from others) so it's all good.

paulwalker77477:
Awesome! You Truely must be some kind of a BP/Wing link Guru! Thank you so much, Kidspot!

Kudos to Kidspot.

nah just way to much time on my hands apparently :wink:

Back
Top Bottom