backplate orientation question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aside - I used to (and still do) have that problem with isometric draftings, seeing objects inside out. Cool and annoying ...BRad

Yeah, cognition is neat.........until it starts ****ing with you.

LowDrag- thanks for trying but that wasn't me.

tomfcrist- I think I've actually worn mine both ways and it works. I only use cam straps and no bolts (single tank diving, no STA) so nothing really digs into my back. Either drysuit padding or double layer of 7mm neoprene works wonders.

That said, any thoughts on whether I should be bolting my wing to my plate if I'm single tanking with no STA or just use the cam straps to hold it on?

---------- Post added January 27th, 2015 at 08:42 AM ----------

evad:
In pictures of plates without webbing, even though I know how it goes, I frequently see the obverse of what I'm I'm looking at (depending on the lighting). Its kind of neat.

Aside - I used to (and still do) have that problem with isometric draftings, seeing objects inside out. Cool and annoying ...

BRad
this and this...

That said, any thoughts on whether I should be bolting my wing to my plate if I'm single tanking with no STA or just use the cam straps to hold it on?

I use the plastic bolts from DGX, however it s not really necessary. If your wing says put when you dive I wouldn't bother with the bolts.

Thanks t bone. And I've scoured that page without finding anything about the orientation of the actual bp.

Did you "scour" the multiple pictures on the page showing the BP being worn with the concave side of the plate against the diver's back and the raised ridge of the plate facing back towards where the tank/wing go?

Did you "scour" the multiple pictures on the page showing the BP being worn with the concave side of the plate against the diver's back and the raised ridge of the plate facing back towards where the tank/wing go?
Yeah! Problem is, to me I can see it both ways.

you wouldn't the first time you put it on and the rib of the plate combined with the wing nuts from an STA dug unto your spinal cord, or you tried to put an STA-less wing on there and couldn't get the cam bands to work properly. I'm trying to be nice about it, obviously the good Dr. is not, but once you have one in front of you, it is fairly obvious....

No worries to all and my plate is rigged and ready to go, so thanks all.

Back
Top Bottom