Bad AIR??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottf24

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am new to diving with only about 17 OW dives logged. I have noticed that each time I have surfaced, I spit up brown loogies. I have not noticed anyone else doing it and I don't smoke. Is this normal? It seems to be worse with air than NITROX.

Is everyone else your diving with getting there fills from the same place?

noladiver.blogspot.com

I would think that the tanks are clean. Do have a nasal congestion. If the pressure from the second stage if to much it could actually be cleaning out your throat.
I have to think if you where gettingbad air, you would smell the different it would make you sick or dizzy.

Blood? Are you having problems equalizing on the decent, or on the way back up?

I have problems with my right ear on decent... And yes my nose was bleeding slightly on one of my last dives. But I also get the brown or maybe dark red when I dive at the river to 30'. My right ear will clear...I just have to take it slow.

I would think that the tanks are clean. Do have a nasal congestion. If the pressure from the second stage if to much it could actually be cleaning out your throat.
I have to think if you where gettingbad air, you would smell the different it would make you sick or dizzy.

No nasal congestion or bad smells

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom