Bah - Nasty seasickness today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am an unrepentant spewer. Scopolamine is the drug of choice. In the US, it is most commonly available via prescription only (Scop-Transderm patches) which are unreasonably expensive. For reasons I can't explain, in the US, Scopolamine could be sold OTC as an oral tablet, but the drug companies have elected not to do so.

Ebay and the UK to the rescue: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kwells-Trav...630205?hash=item33a364e3bd:g:tF4AAOSweW5VEpz3

Because one can make drugs of the pills. Actually, they can make drugs from the patches, but it is harder, so the companies limit how many you can have.

I easily get motion sickness even when sitting in the back seat of a car so imagine when on a boat! Dramamine is the solution,, also try not sitting still and day dreaming coz that's also what could exacerbate it

I have to say I seldom get travel sick (in any form) but I do try to make sure, especially on board a boat, that I am looking at the horizon as much as possible.

Plus one for the scopolamine. I just ordered 3 boxes of Kwells (scopolamine) tablet from the UK. I think the 3 boxes with shipping cost me about what 1 of the patches cost.
The patches work well for me but my mouth feels like a dessert in the morning and they tend to come off when diving even with a waterproof bandage over them.

I am hearing that scopolamine and kwells are exactly the same. Is that correct?

Another hand in the air for the scopolamine patch. It has yet to fail me. If you put them on correctly (really clean the area behind the ear with alcohol) they should stay on through three days of diving. I've never had one fall off in the water.

I am hearing that scopolamine and kwells are exactly the same. Is that correct?
The drug (Hyoscine hydrobromide) is the same between the patch and Kwells. The patch is by prescription only, oral tablets are OTC (if only they were distributed in the US).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom