Bali June 2012

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Quero sounds good :) I've been looking more closely at
Menjangan today - and it's expensive! Where are you planning on staying? Who are you diving with?

Yeah, crazy-about-scuba, I'm looking forward to it. I almost always go to Tulamben and once in a while to Lembongan, but this time I decided to bite the bullet and go further north to enjoy the muck at Secret Bay and other interesting dive sites.

I don't publish the names of the places I stay or who I dive with in the public forum since I have several business partners, and I don't want to appear to favor one over the other. Everybody has different needs, and as I'm not a kid any longer, I like and am willing to pay for a decent room rather than doing the backpacker-lodge-type dive resort. I also don't like getting herded around when I'm doing resort-based diving, so I go with a dive op that gives me (and my customers) personalized service rather than collecting us in groups. Generally I dive at the time I want to, at the site I want to, and for as long as I've got gas. While it's true that this kind of diving and service does cost a little more, to me it's well worth it!

Super cool humphead video! I've never seen them hanging around like that!
Hi Russell I'm in Tulamben at the moment. Can really recommend Liberty Dive Resort. Liberty Dive Resort (Tulamben, Indonesia) - Resor Khusus Ulasan - TripAdvisor

The diving here isn't as good as it was a week or two ago, but still 15-20m viz most days. Diving here is really effected by the wind/swell.

Here's some short vids I made a couple of weeks ago in Tulamben:

Humphead Parrotfish, Scuba Diving at USAT Liberty, Tulamben, Bali (16m) 07/05/12 - GoPro HD Hero2 - YouTube

I would go Amed or Tulamben (or both). I'm going to Amed next week, will let you know what the conditions are like. PM if you'd like more details about anything (I'm from the UK also!)

Cheers,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom