Balicasag..Where to stay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I just happen to be doing my surface interval moored off of balicasag. There is 1 basic resort on the island. Nice little island. Beach is nice. Lovely coral around the islands... Looking for those dang barracudas... 2 more dives and back to panglao...

pakman:
Well I just happen to be doing my surface interval moored off of balicasag. There is 1 basic resort on the island. Nice little island. Beach is nice. Lovely coral around the islands... Looking for those dang barracudas... 2 more dives and back to panglao...
The barracudas are in Divers Haven on the west side of the island. Dive in there 2-3:30pm, thats when they feed.

I saw a school of Barracudas at Twin Rocks, u guys were busy taking pictures hehe.

Would have posted this earlier but I couldnt get a connection from balicasag this morning.

Woot!! Saw the barracudas on the 3rd dive yesterday and twice today. Huge school just off the resort. Had to go down to 40m but there must have been close to 200 of them. We also saw a lone giant barracuda. Got some pics but was frustrating as my wide angle lens only zooms to 22mm and I forgot to recharge one of my strobe batteries!. Should have brought my other 18-50mm. Also saw a nice school of jacks. I was doing the craziest dive profiles and ended up with 10-22min deco obligations by the end of the day. Good thing is there are some really cool coral patches in the shallows. So far balicasag gets two thumbs up from me. Next time I'm gonna stay on alona. Bohol beach club is isolated, food sucks, and the dive shop doesn't have nitrox which would be a big plus for balicasag.

But by far the craziest part that topped off seeing tons of barracudas, jacks, great coral, tons of reef fish, even a frogfish was...
Swam by a group of korean divers who were about 10m below us. Last dude looked wierd. Though he had flesh color speedos... Then he saw us and my big camera and then turned upwards to us... OMG this dude was buck naked... But I didn't have a macro lens to get any shot... My dm and I were laughing so hard thru our deco... :rofl2:

Off to dumaguete tomorrow. Got some pics of the resort on balicasag. Will post them when I find some laptop internet connection.

Ish I dove with aquasport which is on the bohol beach club premise. Great guys but really wouldn't recommend them for a couple of reasons 1) no nitrox and 2) even if you're staying at bohol beach club, they are so far away if you have to carry heavy stuff back n forth from your room (like a 9kg dslr!). I was a bit annoyed they put me in a room nearly two football fields away!! Again the only reason to use them is if your staying at bohol beach club. On the plus side I had the bangka by myself and so all the dives were just me and the dm and he was pretty cool about my reverse profiles and bounce dives to 40+m. Btw did see the baywatch bangka :). Oh if you're diving off the balicasag resort, look for a brand new black mares x vision mask I dropped... :(

Last nite I went into Alona beach for dinner. Really nice area. Alona palm resort looked really nice but is usd100++. Next time I'm staying on alona (also shorter boat ride to balicasag).

Well sitting here waiting for the ferry to dumaguete. Not sure if ill have internet connection there.

pakman:
But by far the craziest part that topped off seeing tons of barracudas, jacks, great coral, tons of reef fish, even a frogfish was...
Swam by a group of korean divers who were about 10m below us. Last dude looked wierd. Though he had flesh color speedos... Then he saw us and my big camera and then turned upwards to us... OMG this dude was buck naked... But I didn't have a macro lens to get any shot... My dm and I were laughing so hard thru our deco... :rofl2:

admit it, pak. that korean was YOU :crazy3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom