Bamberton, Saanich Inlet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverkim

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I read an academic report that stated Bamberton in Saanich Inlet has the highest concentration and number of species.
I tried to get access to the shore (I know it is not the provincial site), but was unsuccessful.
Does anyone know about diving at Bamberton and access to the shore?

I read a similar report (maybe the same one). It said Bamberton had the highest diversity and concentration of seaweed, etc in the shallow zone of Saanich Inlet. Of course since it's Saanich Inlet, that doesn't mean much. I've tried driving down there a couple of years ago. It's all part of the construction site for that development. They don't like visitors without permission. The developer is Three-Point Properties (they have a website). There's an office in a house near the end of the road. You might want to try stopping by and asking permission. They're also doing guided tours of the site (I think there';s a schedule on their site). I think Hyperlimits has done that area from a boat (much deeper than that study covered).

"The Bamberton site had the highest species diversity (76 spp.) among those sites assessed in Saanich Inlet. ..."
Saanich Inlet Study
I came to the gate, but there was no one to talk to when I was there. But I sure am curious.

I think Hyperlimits has done that area from a boat (much deeper than that study covered).

Last year I did a boat dive from North of McCurdy to Bamberton, we spend about 50-60 minutes between 100 to 160ft exploring Cloud Sponges follow by an hour of deco, probably spend about 30 minutes between 40 and the surface. From what I can remember the sea life there was very good for the Inlet. Too bad there is no shore access (that I know of). Sorry I don't have any pictures I will take my favorite cameraman with me next time:D

Cheers

Al

The provincial park beach access is extremely shallow for a long way out. And getting from the parking lot to the beach is a bit of a walk with equipment.
Unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom