Barcélo Maya Riviera dive op

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi, I might be going to this relatively new hotel in Riviera Maya, Mexico. The Barcelo Maya Riviera. Dose anyone know what dive op works out of this location? If not, any recommendations on a good dive op that I could use? Best dive sites close by? I'm not going to do many dives and I would like to be able to leave for the dives directly from the resort. Thanks for any input.

Hi Ben - heading down there Friday. Did you get any responses? I'm thinking of just going with Dressel given they are on site and seem to have decent reviews.

Hi Ben - heading down there Friday. Did you get any responses? I'm thinking of just going with Dressel given they are on site and seem to have decent reviews.
Hi!

I went with Dressel the on site dive op as I wanted it as simple as possible. It's a short on site walk from the maya riviera adult resort. Beautiful resort by the way!!

Dressel Divers Puerto Aventuras where great all around. If you reserve online in advance on their website you can get a discount on the price. The boat and dive sites were good. Instructor Chris was really nice!! Say hi for me if you see him.

FYI I rented a bcd and they lent me one with a wight belt. Not a big problem but I'm used to weight integrated gear. They also offer free Nitrox if you're certified.

As far as the resort you can snorkel at the beach and you can see plenty of fish. People told me out in front of the Barcelo Palace you could even see turtles. You will need some kind of feet protection as there are lots of rocks in the water at the beach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom