Bare Drysuit Owners?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstroupe

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm considering a Bare Trilam drysuit and wanted feedback from any owners out there...good or bad.

thanks!

I have an ATR HD, which I really like. It's only leaked once and that's because I didn't close the zipper all the way, I don't think that's covered under warranty though :wink:

So yeah, I really like mine, and would definately recommend it.

Chris

I have the commercial grade trilam and I love it.

My Bare XL 5/3 wetsuit fit me like a glove, so I figured Bare was worth a shot. My only regret is that I did not go for it sooner.

I have the ATR HD.

Things I don't like about it:

Stupid ATR trash looks like I'm wearing a dress.
Stupid "anti-lower-leg-inflation" trash does nothing and makes it look like I'm wearing pants.
Stupid super-stretchy neoprene socks.

Things I do like about it:

Ridiculously tough material.
Not a single leak yet.

Mine doesn't fit me at all... the key to a drysuit is to find one that fits well while giving you full range of motion, and pair it with some underwear that fits PERFECTLY while giving you full range of motion.

I love my Trilam ATR. It fits perfectly but I'm lucky to be a stock size. I don't really have any complaints yet. But, I have only had it a year.
As previoulsy posted, the undergarment is very important. I use the Divers Concept Extreme. Again, a stock size. :)
Good luck. A drysuit is a big investment and sizing is critical to enjoyment.

I have the ATR Lite. Not a bad suit, with a total of 40 dives with it I can give the folllowing for input:
- Fit is good but..... it's not self donning. I have to have a buddy start the zipper for evey dive.
-No leaks....yet!!!
-Bare service seems very good. (I emailed them regarding how to repair the suit if punctured. They replied that same day!!!)
-Great price!
Joe

jonnythan:
I have the ATR HD.

Things I don't like about it:

Stupid ATR trash looks like I'm wearing a dress.
Stupid "anti-lower-leg-inflation" trash does nothing and makes it look like I'm wearing pants.
Stupid super-stretchy neoprene socks.

So, it looks like you're wearing pants under a dress? :D

I dove a Bare Commercial Trilam (which is now called a Bare HD Trilam) for about three or four years. Now I am diving an XCD2 from Bare, I've had it for about a year and a half now. I've got a couple of friends with HDs and they like their suits and we're all doing a hundred and fifty plus dive on them a year. None of us have had any bad experiences with them and are quite happy with the Bare products.

gstroupe:
So, it looks like you're wearing pants under a dress? :D
Yeah. I'm quite the fashion statement.

I have the ATR HD and love it. I don't really care how it looks. It's tough as nails and hasn't leaked at all. Mine too is a stock size and fits great. I use a Weezle Extreme Plus under it and would recommend that as well.

I bought the Trek boots but don't care for them. I wear a size 9 and couldn't find a fin that fit them well. So I wear a size 10 3mm neoprene wet boot over the socks and these fit great in a size XL Jetfin.

I don't have any trouble zipping mine up by myself but it did take some practice. With about 70 dives in mine this year I think it's a great suit for the money.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom