Bare or DUI trilaminate drysuit ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-QC:
why are you upgrading from the NexGen to the Trilam ???

The primary reason is self entry. I like the idea of being able to zip the suit closed myself. Also I am diving a lot colder temperatures, will be in the 30's this season on a few trips, and the Tri-Lam adds to the thermal protection ver the "shell" style suits. Performance wise, I expect to see very little difference, the NextGen is a great suit.
:monkeydan

DUI TLS SE isn't that much expensive compared to any other brands' suit. They know the market and put it for a budget diver.

I have the Bare Trilam ATR Light (not HD Tech), which is apparently not as thick as its big brother. I love it.

Have you looked at USIA? We are switching over to them from DUI, Whites and Viking.

Gary D.

Stick with the Bare, you will love it
flag_canada.gif

Gary D.:
Have you looked at USIA? We are switching over to them from DUI, Whites and Viking.

Gary D.

Why are you switching? Curious.....Im always wondering how to save my FDs and PDs some extra money....if its worth it......

I have a DUI TLSSE right now. I'm currently looking at getting a custom fit suit, and have my eyes set on the USIA Techniflex. Though I'm also considering the Bare HD Trilam. I was wanting to move away from the TLS material, but it sounds like it's tougher than I think it is, so maybe I'll see how much my shop will quote me for a custom TLS 350 (in black of course!)

Brian

I did a lot of shopping around and looking at the differents makes and models. I ordered a DUI CLX450 signutare series with a few extras. It cost a lot more than White, or Bare but I have a freind that dives the dui and has a lot of tech, wreak, cave, and all the other types of dive that you can think of. My dive team uses Bare dry suits, But I choose the DUI due to fact that it is made in the USA and that the pric was close to the others when you order a made to fit suit. I also liked the extra fetures that DUI offers, like the Zipseal. I have not heard any bad this about it and like the fact that if I rip a seal all I have to do is put a new one on right there as long as I have a extra on hand which is what I have ordered.

I think what it all boils down to is what do you like, whathave you tried out but the most inportant thing is what your buget is.

Good luck in choosing it took me almost 3 months to deside which one I wanted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom