Bare Ultrawarmth/Celliant/Omnired vs other gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi there,

already searched for some threads but couldnt find these, so started my own.

I live in the Netherlands and am looking for good gloves. Now I've been eyeing the Bare Omnired gloves. My current gloves are Bare Gauntlets (old ones) 5 mm and these are absurdly thick; too thick to use my gear in emergency situations. Also very difficult to don. So I want to know if the Bare Omnireds 3 mm gloves are warmer then other 3 mm or even 5 mm gloves?
Otherwise i'll be looking at standard 3 mm gloves with the best seals/stitches, because the material is almost the same (nylon+neoprene), right?

End of summer the seawater gets to about 20 degrees celsius (68 F) and ponds get anywhere between 10-16 degrees celcius (50-60 F)

I'd rather have good control and colds hands then less control/mobility and warm hands, but preferrably both

I have the Bare Omnired 3 mm gloves. I like them and feel that I have plenty of dexterity. They're easy to don. I've dove them to 62F and didn't feel cold at all. I imagine they would be fine to 50-55F but I can't speak from experience. I'm not sure if the Omnired reflective component is actually beneficial or just a marketing trick, but I do know they're warmer than a pair of XS Scuba 3 mm gloves I also have.

This is good to hear. If theyre warmer then other 3 mm gloves its a good choice to get the warmth of the thicker 5mm gloves but the flexibility of 3mm.

Back
Top Bottom