Bare Velocity

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a 7/6 velocity and 2/2 plazma shorty. I use the shorty under the full for winter and it goes together well and is very comfortable. Go Bare! lol

Richesb:
Thanks guys for the honest opinions and experience. Sold.

Well, looks like you're convinced. I have 62 dives on my 5/4 and fairly pleased with it. I did get a pocket glued on for my last trip. Mine fits pretty snug which is good but I usually need help with the zipper. It does matter a great deal whether you get the zipper up with the inner flap flat otherwise you'll have a bit more water exchange. I got this one for multiple dives in 81-84 degree tropical water.

Sorry I did not see this thread sooner. I have both the 5/4 Velocity, and a 3/2 Velocity. I like them both and they have both held up very well.

I have the 3/2 and love it. I have only made 15 dives with it, but could tell right away that it was way better than the bottom dollar suit that I had before.

bare is made by the old fitzwright co who were very inovative,good snug fit
i have a 7mm progressive velocity,just got it ,well made.
will most likly get 3 mm for carib.

I've got a Bare Velocity 5/4mm myself, and love it.

Good suits for shallow diving
Don't take them deeper than 70m+, when you come back up the suit is cactus. The pressure crushes the Neoprene and they end up about 1mm and all baggy and out of shape. It seems the neoprene used in the suits is not crushed very well when made, they seem more spongy than other suits.

Cheers
Chriso

Sydney_Diver:
Good suits for shallow diving
Don't take them deeper than 70m+, when you come back up the suit is cactus. The pressure crushes the Neoprene and they end up about 1mm and all baggy and out of shape. It seems the neoprene used in the suits is not crushed very well when made, they seem more spongy than other suits.

Cheers
Chriso

I'm assuming you meant meters, correct? If so, I have no plans on going quite that deep in this suit. I apprecaite the warning though!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom