Basic Scuba Equipment Cost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought cheap stuff at the local sporting surplus store and kitted up for about $1200.00.

That was a few years back, and things have changed for me (funny, last year I paid that much - $1200 - just for my flashlight).

Having originally bought cheap stuff, I eventually replaced it all with good stuff, for say, $5000, including HID and drysuit. I bought from a combination of my LDS, ScubaToys, Leisure Pro and a shop in the Seattle area. I did a lot more research and did a lot of reading right here on SB. Most of this stuff is still going strong (except the drysuit, which I replaced).

Now that I'm into doubles and stages, I've added another $2500 in gear (approx).

I've spent a couple of thousand on education also (and have also scored a bunch for free) which is the best money I've spent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom