Bauer compressor manuals and training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just aquired an older k-14. I know it runs and I saw it run before I purchased. However, I really don't know much about compressors. I could probably rehook it up at my place and get it working without blowing myself up, but I'd like to get some training/help with the thing first. Also looking for manuals for it.

Anybody here interested (and qualified) in teaching me about bauer compressors? I'm willing to pay for this or exchange services.

Anybody have manuals for the k-14?

Edit: This is a compressor I own privately, not related to the store I manage which has a compressor which is contractually maintained.

Just went through all that with an older mako/bauer K-14. I knew next to nothing about compressors when I got it. It is now set up to be portable and currently runs in the garage until our shop is set up.

We mounted the electrical box and a 4 outlet manifold with two whips on a pipe frame mounted to the compressor base. We also added a 4th stage oil pressure gauge, changed the filter, oil, belts, etc. Got all the manuals. Our electric motor has a NEMA 14-50 amp plug from Lowes that goes to our garage electrical panel with a 220 v 50 amp breaker. Tested the air. Works great.

All we have to do is unplug it, transport it, and plug it back in again at the shop and vica versa if we ever need to.

We received a lot of help here on SB and would like to reciprocate.

What are you having power it?

By the way how long have you been there? We stopped in there several times about this time last year while we were setting up our dive boat to be moved to Houston.

Last edited:
Hello Coach,

Not mean to hijack Bandit's post.
I been looking at 5000psi.com parts catalog. I can't find Bauer Mariner 200 newer reed valve for 1st stage PN N26531. Do you make them ?

Many Thanks
Iya

I have a Bauer's VT7, VT8, VT9, VT10 manual for the K-14 block. If it's one of these let me know. I can e-mail it to you

I have an older 1970s K-14-350- 9.2 CFM that I run at 7.2 CFM with a different sized pulley and 7.5 hp electric motor ….the K14 is made to pump to 5000 ..I only go to 3200… the one I have was built here in Canada not far from were I live in Richmond BC by a small company called JMAR who built bauer under contract… there now called Jordair and are a huge company that mostly do high end generators for shipping all over the world … I met the owner of Jordair when a high pressure line blew (my fault) when he heard an older K-14 was in for repairs he came and looked… wow he said this is one of the first compressors I built many years ago… later when I came to pick it up he came and thanked me for making his day... apparently he repaired it himself something he said he never gets to do anymore and it brought back a lot of memories ..he said there a great compressor ..I run mine now with a NUVAIR membrane for making NITROX..I do have a complete manual with parts breakdown if you still need I could scan and send ..no cost

Anybody recognize this? It's a bauer pump. . I need a model number or manual

Attachments

• 20240308_160204.jpg
    20240308_160204.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 20240308_160150.jpg
    20240308_160150.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 25
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom