Bay Island Beach Resort, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll let y'all know about the shore diving etc. at Reef House Resort when we return next month. It'll be interesting to compare.

We have stayed at BIBR in the past and we still go back to visit friends we made there. I don't know what the kids programs are like now, but when Patty and Bob where there Patty set up what looked like a good, interactive program based on marine sciences and Garifuna island history. There is a large islander staff with children and an islander village nearby and BIBR has always tried to give a little back to the community- my guess is that they will round up a few of the local children and treat them to the program- it provides a chance for interesting interaction between the kids, and what better way to teach the next generation about the ocean. Honduras is still very much a third world country and often there are little to no school supplies, and virtually no school funding or programs. I hope you and your children have a wonderful time there!

BIBR is where I got married. We did an underwater wedding and then a more official wedding the next evening. They hosted a fantastic Honduran Traditional wedding for us with the mayor performing the ceramony. Then for the dinner, the divemasters went out and cought enough lobster for everybody to have two or three.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!!! :35: :love2: :new_smili

scubamate:
BIBR is where I got married. We did an underwater wedding and then a more official wedding the next evening. They hosted a fantastic Honduran Traditional wedding for us with the mayor performing the ceramony. Then for the dinner, the divemasters went out and cought enough lobster for everybody to have two or three.

I'd go back in a heartbeat!!! :35: :love2: :new_smili

Wow! that is very cool. I would have loved to have done something like that for mine.

Back
Top Bottom