Turtle Beach Dive Resort, Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverswifey

Contributor
Reaction score
anyone have any experience with Turtle Beach Dive Resort on Roatan? If so, I would love to know more. Thanks!!

I’ve “seen it”. But nothing more. It struck me as every bit as attractive as their photos represent.

It is reassuring that they maintain their own website: Turtle Beach Dive Resort, Roatan

The name “dive resort” has no precise definition. If you look at their “gallery”, there are no pictures of any dive operation, nor more importantly- any boats. Nothing. IIRC they use an off-prem charter arrangement, referenced as “next door”. There are no links in their booking that provides pricing for dive packsges.

In believe that they are renting a bodega to a new operation called Clearwater Divers. If that is the current provider, this is what they are: Home - Clearwater Diving

IMG_7322.jpeg

Been to TBR in 2015. Most of the crew were former FI people, worked really well. Good diving back then. They dive both north and south.

Reactions: Doc
I’ve not stayed at Turtle Beach, but have stayed at the place right next door 4 times in the last 2 years (Buena Vista, highly recommend for condo rental, but is not a dive resort). From what I’ve seen of TB, it’s a cool little place with lots of trees and shares an okay beach with BV and a few other properties. I looked into staying there a couple of years ago, chose BV because I wanted a deck with an ocean view, but would also be happy staying at TB. They feed some macaws which come screeching in a few times a day, really cool sight!

As far as diving goes, as mentioned above they used to have some kind of arrangement with Clearwater Dive Center; Clearwater has now moved about 1 to 2 minutes walk away (other side of BV) and have a little shop with their own pier. I have not dived with Clearwater but many of the guests at BV do and everyone I’ve talked to has been very happy with them.

Other things about that location in general: The beach sand is nice for strolling around but walking around in the water it can be a little silty or mucky. There is a cordoned-off section for swimming. Nice calm water for paddle boarding or kayaking. Easy 15 - 20 minute walk along the sand (and one large bridge of dubious stability) into West Bay. Can also walk to West End from there but it’s trickier, rockier, and has occasional bandit action so would not advise.

Have a great trip and please feel free to give me a shout if you have any other questions about staying in that area between WB and WE.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom