BC HELP! Need Zegal Ranger feedback.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pggeek

Reaction score
I bought a scuba pro knitehawk in XL and it turned out to be to big I dove in a local Quary for 2 days in a 7mil and it was fine but went down to floda for 2 days and with the 3 mil wetsuit it was to big. So I need a Large instead of a XL but I am right at the end in the large atound my waste. So I ma between sizes. I went to my LDS and they sized it and the tought was that if I wore a dry suit the XL would fit the L may not so they sold me the XL.

Anyhow the XL is to big and I need to get another BC. I was looking and they sugested the Zegal Ranger. Or the scuba pro in large.

I am leaning towards teh ranger LTD since it has a replacable waste I can switch that to a XL if need be and pockts that the Scuba pro didn't. Also it doesn't have velcro up top that tore up my wet suit.

Anyone useing the Ranger LTD and how do you like it?

Got it. Love it.

Would wrestle with the idea of spending the extra money for the LTD again, though. I like the backpad. I love the D-Ring placements. Trim pockets don't do much for me. I probably would spend the extra money again, even though I shouldn't have the first time.

Anyway. The adjustable waist helps the BC fit my relatively unconventianal body (Big. Broad shoulders. Had a buddha belly, but it's rapidly vanishing) snug and comfortably.

My dive instructor wore one and swears by it.
He uses it for class and when he dive for fun.
Personally, I find them a little cumbersome and bulky for
my needs and would opt for something more
streamlined. But anyways, he loves the thing
......it is very sturdy and has a great warranty.

Get the Zeagle!!!!! I got a decor falcon and love it. I hear zeadle is better:wink:

I've got a medium with large shoulders if your interested pm me.

I like my Zeagle and so does my son. When we bought them we were measured up and they ordered the right sized components. You can adjust the straps to make it fit snugger over the shoulders and the cumber bun can be moved about three inches on each side by moving the the gromets. I wear mine snugged up and I find it very comfortable. The weight pockets are good, depending on how much weight you wear, I put five lbs. in each pocket but ten pounds of soft weights will fit nicely. Any more than that and it is bulky and it gets hard to get into the regular pockets.
Sometimes I find it hard to completely empty the BC of air but when this happens I put my head down and my butt up and I use the bottom dump valve. It is also handy when smimming against a current when you don't want to right yourself to dump air. It has lots of lift and is comfortable when on the surface. The D rings are handy for reels and lights and all those goodies we like to hang from ourselves!!!!
I would buy the same one again. Good luck.

Well, I recently sold my Ranger, but I used to be a big fan. Lately, I have been diving the Seaquest Balance, because it more securely holds the tank. Also, the Ranger had a tendency to trap air because of the double bag style (inner bladder covered by a nylon shell). The Balance is a single bag design.

Also, not to start anything here, but I have also been diving a single tank with a BP & W. I have to say, I like that better for my fun diving. I keep the Balance for teaching, because thats what the shop that I teach for wants me to use.

YMMV...

I bought mine about 5-6 years ago and its still going strong. One good thing about the Ranger is that it is modular so you can change shoulder straps, cumberbund, wing, etc.

I have actually taken the wing off mine and mounted it to a backplate and it works great. But I still have the regular harness and can go back and forth if I want to.

Tony

the BP/wing setup is the perfect answer to the sizing questions.

I have used many BCs but my recent setup: Fred T. backplate/Dive Rite Rec Wing is by far the best.

I don't know why anyone would buy a BC.

I just dove my new Ranger LTD last weekend for the first time, I'll never go back. while diving it's great and partially inflated it gives you a comfortable vertical surface position fully inflated it's a horizontal raft you can lay back on while waiting for your buddies.
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom