Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello, You could Buy Zeagle ranger and that would accomplish a lot. I have at and 10 customers that I sold Rangers to between 15-20 years (fairly active divers) and they are still diving. And have sold many more than that. Take one slightly shorter trip then you could buy a second BC if necessary.

And please, avoid the "less is best" mindset when it comes to wing capacity. Go at least one size over what you think you need. Maybe two.
Does this also apply to purely recreational diving in warm water? I am looking at a BP+W setup, for doing around 25 dives per year (liveaboard). Thank you.

Yep. Gone are the days of fat, hard to vent wings. So 15-20# wings are mostly useless now.

Plenty of slim designed 30# wings work in warm water. Actually, a long skinny 30 works better than a smaller wing from years ago.

Does this also apply to purely recreational diving in warm water? I am looking at a BP+W setup, for doing around 25 dives per year (liveaboard). Thank you.
It does. What exposure protection are you wearing? If you're wearing a drysuit, you have the distinct possibility of flooding it. Your wing should be able to handle all the weight you've had to don to sink that drysuit.

Thanks - I only use a 3mm wetsuit. I always rent a jacket BCD and use a 4lb weight belt. So I am tempted by something like the Hollis ST22, but your comment intrigued me and I wonder if I should now size up to the ST35.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom