BC HOSE RIPS OFF---No Positive Buoyancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMike14:
You got what you deserved! Perhaps a hungry great white will one day "poach" your @$$.

Mike Rushton

Remind me to NEVER come on this Forum with any question where I could possibly come off as not being a shining example of purity, grace, knowledge and perfection.

97fxdwg:
Remind me to NEVER come on this Forum with any question where I could possibly come off as not being a shining example of purity, grace, knowledge and perfection.

97 - I think you could start a thread, without being pure of heart, as long as you do some of the things correctly. In this example, it was hard to find even one "good" thing to comment on, so each group got their own item to pick at.

I'm also sure that the great white remark was meant in the kindest and nicest of ways.

Puffer Fish:
97 - I think you could start a thread, without being pure of heart, as long as you do some of the things correctly. In this example, it was hard to find even one "good" thing to comment on, so each group got their own item to pick at.

I'm also sure that the great white remark was meant in the kindest and nicest of ways.

Finally someone gets it!! Yeah!!! I will now pray to the Puffer Fish for the rest of my life!!!!!!!!:D

This board and the way things get interpreted sucks. It is like text-messaging, if any of you old guys know what it is, then you know how much it sucks. During my business classes at FSU I have learned that more information is conveyed through tone of voice and facial expressions than the actual words themselves. That is the problem with text messaging and this forum. These words can be picked apart, misinterpreted (ALOT), and then run through the gauntlet. (the reason I hate text messages is because if any of you guys are still in the dating scene, women nowadays like to fight through text messages).
DEFINE:text message-a cell phone that has the capability to send short typed out messages rather than calling someone on the phone…

I bet if we were all on a dive boat going out on a dive and I told this story, you guys would give me a hard time, tell me I was wrong and then help me with my weighting and probably even be my dive buddy. I doubt you would be so ignorant as to tell me to my face that you hope I am eaten by a great white or I should pick a different hobby.

I NEVER said I was diving while drinking, I said I had beer and women on my mind! Something every man has on his mind, during, before and especially after a dive. Or maybe I am just young...

This was the first post I put on here, and I didnt know whether I should be honest about the taking of TWO lobsters or lie to make the story sugar coated. I chose to be honest because I thought it would help with some of the feedback I would get. I didnt think I would be thrown to the great whites for TWO lobster.

Also, those of you who are trying to say my training had anything to do with this is completely wrong. The people who are defending me ACTUALLY know what they are talking about when it comes to academic diving programs. You shotgun weekend warriors certified through the dive store didnt get half the training I did. I am very proud of FSU for making me comfortable in the water, and having me become a competent diver. Have you guys been out on dive boats lately???? Overweight, old, out of Shape borderline AARP members are the people I have been diving with. I would choose a FSU diver over any dive shop shotgun certified person any day.

I cannot wait to graduate from college and invest some money in more specialized training. I have been reading in magazines that you can do all inclusive trips to become much more competent with every aspect of diving. The only problem is $2k here, $2k there...something I dont have while I am investing in my education.

For those of you who worry about my education, dont worry I am not going to be a doctor or engineer...you dont have to worry about your life in my hands or skills....I going to be a CPA with an MBA, so you better watch out for your money!!! just kidding, jeez dont kill me on this post too!

Honestly I have learned the error of my ways, and am practicing my free diving SO I MAY TAKE LOBSTERS LEGALLY IN THE BAHAMAS WHEN NOT IN THE UNITED STATES.

FSU John:
This board sucks. It is like text-messaging, if any of you old guys know what it is, then you know how much it sucks.
Hey if you don't like it then leave. I'm starting to think you're trolling here big time. You know what that is?
FSU John:
During my business classes at FSU I have learned that more information is conveyed through tone of voice and facial expressions than the actual words themselves. That is the problem with text messaging and this forum. These words can be picked apart, misinterpreted(ALOT), and then run through the gauntlet.
It's a forum, what do you expect?
FSU John:
You shotgun weekend warriers certified through the dive store didnt get half the training I did. I am very proud of FSU for making me comfortable in the water, and having me become a competent diver. Have you guys been out on dive boats lately???? Overweight, old, out of Shape borderline AARP members are the people I have been diving with. I would choose a FSU diver over any dive shop shotgun certified person any day.
Give me a break! Me and my Northeast "shop trained" diving buddies will outdive you any day of the week.

You really need an attitude adjustment. I along with many others are here to learn. SB is an awesome research tool and a place for me to meet other divers. I actually dive with some board members. Good luck out there. Let me know where you're diving so I be sure not to book the same days. Then again, I suppose I could stand to practice my Rescue skills out in the field, coudn't hurt.

Thanks to you great people who gave me a hard time and then moved on. I honestly appreciate the advice, and have taken extensive time to work on my bouyancy at nearby Vortex Springs.

You people who wouldnt leave me alone about the poaching and kept putting me down, you guys must be highway patrol men who write people tickets all day. Did you forget when you were in your early 20's and did stupid ****?

Godwin's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one. I dont think it is too long before I am called a Nazi. Well a few people have ruined my experience on this board. Can anyone explain how to remove myself from this board??? I want out! Thanks, FSU John

John, you really just don't seem to get it. You said earlier, "I have learned the error of my ways," when I really don't think you have.

Did you manage to squeeze an ethics class into your rigorous academic program of business classes and scuba training? You keep saying it was only TWO lobster. Big deal, right? Before making a decision such as you did, consider what would happen if EVERYONE did what you did. If EVERYONE who dove poached two lobster, the population would eventually be decimated. Instead of actually listening to people on here, you are acting like a baby who promises his mom he won't take another cookie from the jar - only to go ahead and do it when shes not looking.

Oh, and no one cares at all about your training. Divers can easily come out of one weekend with a better set of skills than people in your class did in a whole semester (and vice versa). The mindset of the diver is far more important than the amount of times skills are practiced. The fact that after "twenty dives" you decided to solo dive, poach, and do an exercise in extreme overweighting tells us that you learned absolutely nothing from your class. Stop getting so defensive, swallow your pride, and let these folks help you out. This board faciliates learning if the posters are willing to listen.

John, I'm not going to call you a Nazi, but judging from your responses I don't believe you are enough of a thinking diver to possibly be a safe one.

Regards.

-Nick

stacey_n_jamie:
dont sweat the two lobsters man it isnt anything to worry about.

And if we all take two?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom