Bc Knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Since I starte diving with a BPW have become partial to the little "broke" steak knives hung on the waist strap. I believe the BC you inquired about in the other thread has a 2 " web waist strap. People make these knives, otherwise they only cost 12 to 15 bucks with the sheath. Golum gear has a real nice one. I paid 12 bucks at a show. I plan on buying a couple more. I also have a Remora knife I can carry in the little web sheath, but I would hate to lose it.
For 15 bucks a piece you can afford to carry more than one of the steak knives. I also carry shears on my waist. <$10.00

I have Halcyon Mini Knife hung on mine right waist strap
10-knife01-1.jpg

I have a apollo knife although I believe it is sold under many other names. It is serrated on one side only and cuts thru 8mm rope in one sweep. Compared to my titanium Trex at 5 times the price that takes 6 or more swipes to cut the same rope. When you go yo the shop to buy your knife take a length of rope as well.

I use and sell the "salvo" knives. They seem to be a great little affordable knife at only 20 and you won't get your feelings hurt if you loose it. Sort of following the DIR concept.

I also like the remoras.
Brent

I have a UK Trgger, very compact

A tip for all knives .. try it out on something to see how sharp it is before you need it for real .. mine felt very sharp, but when I tried cutting some zip ties, I had to saw at them way more than I thought would be ness... I sharpened it with the round knife sharpener steel that you find in most kitchens (knife has scaloped edge blade) Now it is sharp and cuts it easilly

squidster:
Whats A good Bc Knife ?

Doesen't mater much, doesen't take much, just make sure that it is sharp & handy, but back it up .

wilkie:
Doesen't mater much, doesen't take much, just make sure that it is sharp & handy, but back it up .

Definetly back it up nice to have one of each (shears and knife) set up one as left hand access and one as right. I know many are partial to the emt shears my preference is to the OMS shear (theres a few diffrent makes) I find there just a little stronger and have a little more cutting power. I dont remember the last time I used a knife since adding the shears to my rig .

Back
Top Bottom