Question Philippines rules on knives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey DiveToad, I'm heading there from Houston next week as well. I'm booked at Laguna Villas from Feb 3-9th and may extend....anyhow DM me if ya want to link up.
What area is Laguna Villas? I will try to check it out. We are in Manila right now doing some sightseeing.

I carry a small Gerber pocket knife. It was in checked baggage while traveling. I am sure Manila Marriott would complain, but I had a set of 4 kitchen knives I was bringing over for my in-laws...so they ignored or missed the pocket and dive knives completely! I have entered a few malls outside of Manila with no issues. When the detector beeps going through, nobody bothers to check anything on my person. It is not something I worry or even think about when traveling in the Philippines. Your mileage may vary.

On my last trip to Norway i was not sure if I would have any checked lugage so I left my pocket knife at home.
A ziptie I used as a pull tab got stuck in a buckle and I had to use a rock to open my backpack in the first 12 hours of not carrying a small pocket knife.

It's nice to have a tool in your pocket, not just for cleaning nails.
Ya Zef seeems to be stuck on my sarcasm.

I don’t carry a pocketknife in ph. The only time I have had an issue with my div3 knife was at the Shangrila in BGC. They always see it on the X-ray scanner of my bags and they make me store it with the concierge. It’s annoying, I haven’t had any other issues.

Thanks for all the input. I don't carry it for self defense. Just like have a tool with me that I often need.
There must be hardware stores nearby in Puerto Galera? Just buy one once there and put it into your checked bag when you leave.. Honestly, I just keep a multi-tool in my save-a-dive kit in my checked bags and never have an issue...... A Leatherman style knockoff chinese multi-tool should be dirt cheap and still get the job done for a week or so while you're there..

I flew into Manila with a 7” dive knife. Had to leave it with security at the hotel in Manila, and have it in Puerto Galera.

Back
Top Bottom