Bc Restoration?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Backtanner

Contributor
Reaction score
Just picked up a used BC (ranger) on ebay yesterday. It's a little more faded brown than I would like. Is there a dye or process other than buying a new one that might put back the blackness?

Well that does sound better than my idea of shoe polish or a magic marker. I'll give the dye job a try and hope for the best.

I'd leave it alone, more important that it works, and trying to dye something like that seems just as likely to make it look worse or do damage. Many dyes need heat to work and you don't want to simmer your BC in a pot. There are cold water dyes but they are harder to find and intended only for natural fabrics. Man-made fabrics usually won't even take dyes very well if at all.

You may also want to consider what effect(s) a dye will have on the rubber/plastic components of the BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom