BCD and diving doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottyroz

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
could the pro qd be used for doubles? If not are there any other jacket styled bcds that would allow a doubles setup? I know the wing setup is the best route to go for doubles but i was just curious.

I think most of the BC's that are advertised as being usable with doubles are rear inflation. There are probably some jackets that could take doubles too, if you were feeling lucky. Some of the rear inflation BC's are relatively diveable with doubles, though BP/W setups tend to be better in most cases.

You most likely would have to get harp bands for the doubles so they could be used with a jacket BC. My LDS has a couple of sets AL 80s set up with them.

With The Black Diamond you have to use the Scubapro mount, and it is only for double 72's, you might as well use a lp125 pumped to 3500 with a h valve.

Don't know about the Scuba Pro mount. The part I am talking about is a Seaquest unit with a Seaquest part number. Mounts to existing holes in the BC backplate.

My owners manual claims double 80s possible...

JAG

Seaquest may have a mount for them now, when I bought my Black Diamond 8-9 years ago, the Scuba Pro mount was the only way to go. The other problem with the Black Diamond is it does not have 11" centers, so you can't use the standard double configuration. The wing is sized for single tank use and the double cylinders can get in the way of the bladder.

If you are going to dive doubles, get a BP and Wing.

Check out the Deep Outdoors line.I have one and like it a lot.Jacket comfort with standard backplate insert and changable bladders.

Thanks guys, i was just curious. I am trying to buy equipment right the first time and not have to go through the hassel of buying again because i was not smart about the first purchase. From the sounds of this thread it would be smarter to buy jacket and wing setup for both rec and tec diving respectively. I am sure most of you are saying just go with the wing as most people here own. I will have to give the wing a try during my next dive.

Back
Top Bottom