Doubles wing for singles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first thought was, "Do you want guacamole with your taco?"

That said, it really depends on the wing. For instance Zeagle has 44lb wing for the Ranger that can be used for both singles and some doubles.
"Can be used" is not the same thing as "works well", which is sort of the point of this discussion.

Like I said I've used it with both singles and twins, it dives perfectly well, also has wing tabs

370 059.JPG

Unless you're a crap diver

"Can be used" is not the same thing as "works well", which is sort of the point of this discussion.

Zeagle Ranger 44lb bladder is sold and used on a singles rig. It works well, quite well.

Now note the qualifier "some doubles." The implication is that not only it can be used but works well for "some doubles." Some doubles because the OP did not note what size of doubles they are diving.

Finally do you really think I would suggest something the "can be used" but does not "work well?"

its possible, but requires compromises. you either have to retract the doubles wing smaller or hold it down with some type of attachment so it doesn't taco as badly.

just look for a used singles wing or bite the bullet and pay for the DGX S1

Back
Top Bottom