BCD's want a new one what's best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take it from your post that you are a female diver. Something to consider with a lot of BCs is the placement of a sternum strap. If you are busty, a backplate with a single piece harness would probably do nicely as you wouldn't be compressed. Also, you said that you are rather buoyant... A stainless steel backplate could shave 5-7 lbs off of your weightbelt.

SangP:
I just noticed that the cost for all these bc range from $425 to something like $620. That's expensive to me considering if you do tear your bc (unlikely but it does happen) you are looking at a getting the whole setup again.

With a bp/w, you just replace a $300 wing and even that's patchable if the tear isn't too large.

SangP

Holes can be repaired,depends on the amount of damage. Now if its gets chewed on you may need more stiches than your BC.

seek and dive,

if you are in the market for a woman's bc, as it states in your initial inquiry, the seaquest diva is possibly the best bc made for women, imo. on the boy's side, it is not as clear. it seems all manufacturers put out similar lines from the travel bc to the top end with all the bells and whistles. however, it is my experience, with all things equal that zeagle has paid more attention to the details including their service and warranty. you can usually take any bc and find it has an appealing facet, but zeagle tends to package the entire unit well. in the end, nothing we experts say will matter cuz the most important thing is comfort and fit and the only one qualified to answer those questions is you!!! happy hunting.

My wife loved her Luna BC, but recently switched to a bp/w from DSS.

The Luna is a weight intergrated jacket styled by with lots of bells and whistles. It also fit her like a glove. It can be tough finding the right BC to fit a woman's form.

Seek and dive:
Hi,
I just joined. I've been diving for 25 years about 700 dives all over the world. I've had a Decor for 15 years and thought it time for something new. What's the best, simple, comfortable, easy, I warm water dive? How about the Sea Quest for woman or the Back inflator model (sometimes my legs go forward up on safety stops, I'm also very bouyant). What's good about back inflators? I'm on my way to Belize in April.
Thanks for your help.
I'd suggest the Zeagle Stiletto, which is a back inflation BCD that packs well for travelling. I notice that you travel a lot to dive, and having just returned once again from lugging my gear to the other side of the earth to dive, I can appreciate the term "packable" :)

Plus, it's a Zeagle :wink:

http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=ZeagleStiletto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom