Beach Dive this Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me thinks I made out like a bandit in going early friday.

Things learned ..... get my tukkus outta bed early enough to beat rush hour traffic during the week! That means I get to finish my dive early enough to beat the subsequent friday lunch hour traffic as well.

2 hrs underwater .... 3 ft of vis .... flat seas up top, but a decent and very odd bottom surge underneath at 30 ft. Twas more like a mambo than a surge .... 2 beats one way, lull, 2-3 beats the other, lull .... just need a good conga line rhythm. Deep sea swell from the northeast. From what, I dunno. I could see American Dream up on the northern part of the reef rockin and rollin in the swells.

No bugs spotted, but did manage a few good shots of a juvenile smooth trunkfish.
Cute lil buggers ... look like a swimming blackened popcorn kernel.

SFLDiver:
Me thinks I made out like a bandit in going early friday
...SNIP...
decent and very odd bottom surge underneath at 30 ft.
...SNIP...
did manage a few good shots of a juvenile smooth trunkfish. Cute lil buggers ... look like a swimming blackened popcorn kernel.
Yeah, you were right to go Friday! I think those juvinile's main defense mechanism is that they're "just too cute to eat." Those are great shots. You meant 30' visibility, right?

I guess if you found 30' you kayaked to the mooring bouys... is there anything that deep inland of the drop-off?

30' vis and 30' typical depth, although there are places that come up to 6-8'.
Yup on the location. I park at the free parking area N of Sunrise, right next to the beach, and paddle out to the mooring buoys and go with the current.

Lil bugger was tough to focus on. Went with auto-focus and popped off 30 shots, half dozen of which were good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom