Beating the “system”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lexvil

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Thanks to a buddy with close ties to Europe I have obtained the forbidden (in the U.S.) orange Skegs for my S tek and Super nova fins
IMG_9499.jpeg

These will replace my painted ones, yes it’s silly, so what :wink:
IMG_9500.jpeg

New on bottom and old on top
IMG_9501.jpeg

Thanks to a buddy with close ties to Europe I have obtained the forbidden (in the U.S.) orange Skegs
Ok, I have to ask, why are they verboten in the US?
I can buy them here for US $5.88 [AU $9] in all colours.

Ok, I have to ask, why are they verboten in the US?
I can buy them here for US $5.88 [AU $9] in all colours.
Because scubapro says so, it doesn’t make sense but it is what it is, they control their regions with an iron fist.

Because scubapro says so, it doesn’t make sense but it is what it is, they control their regions with an iron fist.
I thought as much, As you say "it doesn't make sense" .
I tried to buy a SP part from a well known overseas scuba store and I was not allowed to due to a Scubapro policy, I bought the same part at a fraction of the cost from India [with postage] :rolleyes: and arrived in quick time also.
I have been able to source every part required here except this one piece, I just found a 'work around' for it.
You guys are being screwed over, I only wish postage was cheaper to the US so I can help you guys out, but we are screwed over by Australia Post pricing.

I thought as much, As you say "it doesn't make sense" .
I tried to buy a SP part from a well known overseas scuba store and I was not allowed to due to a Scubapro policy, I bought the same part at a fraction of the cost from India [with postage] :rolleyes: and arrived in quick time also.
I have been able to source every part required here except this one piece, I just found a 'work around' for it.
You guys are being screwed over, I only wish postage was cheaper to the US so I can help you guys out, but we are screwed over by Australia Post pricing.
It’s an astonishing silly policy especially when it comes to things like this where it’s a color restriction. Shipping costs are also becoming a bit nuts, we all get to pay for the deep discounts given to the big dogs.

Am I wrong or are these fin skegs available in most colors, maybe not orange. Who cares about colors?

These colours:

Reminds me of something seen years ago on certain Force Fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom