Beginner

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dawn

Contributor
Reaction score
First time on forum and starting scuba lessons tonight with my husband. Close to empty nest syndrome, mid life crisis, new activities, whatever. We went on a cruise, did some snorkling and we are hooked, you might say. Since this is all new, I'm up for helpful comments and suggestions.
Dawn

Very nice to have you aboard, you'll like it here.

Welcome to the board and the uw world. Try looking back over some of the post from the last 6 months or so. There are a lot of very good discussions on new diver tips, pittfalls and equipment needs and selection and by all means, ask away. And she THINKS she is hooked now, wait until that first fish nose to nose!

It's not a mid life crisis -- not if you can have this much fun. As has been said, welcome to the board, you'll have endless fun, learn a great deal. Do not be afraid to ask questions, and remember there are no "dumb" questions, just highly unique ones.....

... and keep us informed how the classes go. (We just nosey you know)

Hi there!

I reckon learning to dive with your partner is the best thing you can do. They make the most reliable buddies (in my experience) and you can enjoy so much more than the normal 'landlubbers' on holiday together. Good luck and best wishes!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom