Belize Aggressor IV mooring breaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How's diving with only one fin working out?

Oddly, I keep seeing the same things over and over and over...

Nahh, I replaced them as soon as I got back. I didn't think I'd see the fin again, and Agg didn't disappoint. Not a big deal in the context of getting out of there in one piece.

How was Bonaire for you? I was diving there in the 90s and it was spectacular. Prior to our most recent trip in 2015, hurricane swell had taken out much of the elkhorn and staghorn coral, so shore entries were more challenging as there was no coral to knock down the waves. What was the condition of the sea life this year?

One of our trips to Indo is on the Aqua Blue for a repositioning trip. We'll stop in Bali for a few days to get used to the place and time difference. There will be some diving on that trip, but it isn't the main event. I misspoke above... the double is a focused dive trip in Feb '25, a 12-night / two days off / 10-night on the Gaia Love. I think we have to start working out today to get ready for that one.

How was Bonaire for you? I was diving there in the 90s and it was spectacular. Prior to our most recent trip in 2015, hurricane swell had taken out much of the elkhorn and staghorn coral, so shore entries were more challenging as there was no coral to knock down the waves. What was the condition of the sea life this year?.
The hard coral is looking a little rough, but nothing like the bleaching we saw in Belize when the Belize Aggressor IV ran aground in November. Here's a link to a recent Bonaire thread (with way too many pictures posted by me).

Periodically I search the news to see if the results of the Belize Aggressor IV "investigation" have been released. Doubtful they ever will be, however, Undercurrent has written a few articles pertaining to the incident. I do not have a subscription, so I am unable to read the following from January. Can anyone post a brief synopsis of this article?

IMG_0441.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom