Belize, Costa Maya, Couzmel cruise diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pzirkle79

Reaction score
Hello, I am taking a cruise to the Western Carribiean that stops in Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel. I would like to take one or two dive trips at these destinations. We will only have a limited time at each place. Which of the three would you recommend for Cruise ship diving. Quality of diving and cost of diving is a big factor. Any dive shops in particular you can recommend would be great.

I just came back from Coz and there were a bunch of people on my dive that were from the Cruise ship. The company was Aquaworld and they ran a nice efficient operation but were not very personal. We dove santa rosa reef and paradise wall.

I was very concerned at first because the boat was very large and was packed but 1/3 was for snorkeling, 1/3 was for a submarine and the last third was for the dive. There were 3 groups of five divers and the dive master was very safety minded and knew where to find the interesting critters. We saw a nurse shark, turtle, very large grouper (4-5 ft) green and black spotted morays , lobster (just the antennae in my case). All in all not a bad dive but not as cozy as some of the ones I have done before. They were also very helpful in swapping out there gauges for my dive computer!

Good luck and have fun

Hi pzirkle79:
You may want to do a search at the top of the page. Put in the word "Cruise" as we have answered this several times in the past.

Maybe, you can started by reading this thread.

http://www.scubaboard.com/t34791/s.html

Have fun! And let us know if you need more help.

Cozumel is a great place to charter your own dive boat. I know Aldora set threre of us up with our own boat and we went where we wanted. It costs a little more but is well worth it.

Pzirkle 79

i'm doing the same stops in January. where did you end up diving and with whom and do you have any recommendations?
We have 2 certified divers in the family and 2 non-certified divers who have been several times and want to have the best dive available to non-certified divers.

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom