Belize Dive accident, Cory Monk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am Cory's (Ginger) younger brother. What has happened is terrible and i hope never happens to you, your family, friends or anyone you know. Obviously our family is extremely saddened and dont really know how to express our sadness, but if anyone has any pictures or anything that relates to my brother i would greatly appreciate it. Please email me at tmonk00@hotmail.com. Thank you- Troy

You have my greatest sympathy, and that (I am sure) of everyone who has heard of this tragedy.

One of our hometown boys, Cory Monk, has been working as a DM on Belize. I heard he failed to come up from a night dive a couple of days ago. Anyone know anything?
Bradsab, it has been several years since this accident. just ran across your post and question about Cory. You probably know allot about this now. Cory worked on the Nekton Liveaboard. I was on a trip with him as a paying customer the week before. My dive buddy had been on another trip with Nekton where Cory was also crew. Cory and my dive buddy had developed a friendship and Cory was especially helpful to him because he had a bad hip and Cory would always go down on the swim steps coming up onto the boat and take his equipment off and carry it up the stairs at the end of dives. My dive buddy was really happy to see Cory on our trip out of Belize. Cory always dove solo and the captain and other crew knew it and let it happen. Accounts after the accident said they warned him about not doing it before every dive. That is just so much hoo doo. Sorry we had to loose him. Really nice guy. My dive buddy talked to Cory's mother afterwards and offered his condolences and comfort and I understand they talked for quite a while. Be Safe. ScubaPlantman

Back
Top Bottom