Belize or Bonaire? I have to use free trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Which would you choose and why? Ive got 2 rountrip tickets basically anywhere in the world I want to go Diving before July 15th.

I think ive narrowed it down to these 2. Which would you choose?

I've been to Belize. Haven't been to Bonaire, but I have been to Curacao, similar diving. These were the two best destinations I have been to for the diving. If that is the choice you have to make, it will be a tough one.

Where are you thinking of going in Belize? My diving there was aboard the Aggressor, all on the atolls. If you are planning on diving Placencia or Amberigis, the diving is different. Spending the better part of a week diving out on Lighthouse Reef was AMAZING!!! If you are shore based, you probably won't be diving 5 times a day as we were on the liveaboard.

Bonaire is pretty much the home of unilmited shore diving. I can't wait until I get my chance to head down there....

Wherever you wind up going, don't forget to post a trip report for all of us to see! Happy diving!

scrapdizzy:
Which would you choose and why? Ive got 2 rountrip tickets basically anywhere in the world I want to go Diving before July 15th.

Anywhere in the world??
I would go to Australia & PNG. You can go to Bonaire a LOT cheaper than PNG from AZ.
Of course once you are there, shore diving IS cheaper than a live-aboard, but there is more to do in the world than just diving. (ducking) :54:

What is PNG?

We are fairly new to Diving, less than 30 dives so far. All in Maui, Bahamas and some local lakes.

scrapdizzy:

Been to both ... I'd pick Bonaire, hands down. That's an easy choice, actually.

Belize is nice, but the diving is all off a boat, which limits you to two or three dives a day.

Bonaire is completely surrounded by reef which is easily accessible from shore. Diving's almost too easy ... all you have to do is slip on your gear, fall off a dock somewhere, and swim for a couple of minutes and you're on one of the most beautiful reefs in the western hemisphere. It's easy to get in 5 or 6 dives a day if you want to.

I go where I can get the most diving bang for the buck ... Bonaire is in the top part of that list.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

How about a simple. YES

scrapdizzy:
What is PNG?

We are fairly new to Diving, less than 30 dives so far. All in Maui, Bahamas and some local lakes.

I believe it's Papau New Guinnea.

I can't give 1st hand experience on where to go... but my parents are avid divers, and have dove both Belize and Bonaire...

They are heading back to Bonaire... they love it there!

Bonaire; having had 30 dives will mean you will really enjoy it.

PNG would be too much too soon IMO, 300 dives to get the best out of there.

Enjoy!

Seadeuce

scrapdizzy:
What is PNG?

PNG = Papua New Guinea .. Many people call this the best place in the world to dive. I am trying to get there myself this year.
http://www.papuanewguinea.net/NiuginiAdventure.html
There are more economic Pacific destinations as well like the Phillipines.
http://www.atlantishotel.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...sort_Puerto_Galera-Puerto_Galera_Mindoro.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom