Belize: Turneffe area or Glovers Reef area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bleon

Reaction score
My husband and I are thinking of going to Belize in late May and we are trying to decide between staying at the Turneffe Island Resort or further south around Glovers Reef. We were wondering what area has better diving? I've read several trip reports and threads but haven't found a comparison of the two areas.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Becky

We just booked at the Turneffe Island Lodged for the end of May. It really was a coin toss between Turneffe and Glover's. We've heard good things about both.

sdwho

Coworker went to Turneffe and loved it. Considers it his best trip ever. We cheaped out and went to Ambergis last year. I will go do Turneffe in the next couple years (Bonaire and Galopogos come first).

I haven't done Glover's yet but the locals tell me it's the best Belize has. I've been to Turneffe and it's really nice so.......

bleon:
My husband and I are thinking of going to Belize in late May and we are trying to decide between staying at the Turneffe Island Resort or further south around Glovers Reef. We were wondering what area has better diving? I've read several trip reports and threads but haven't found a comparison of the two areas.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Becky

Don't worry...which ever you chose...the other will be there for your next trip...:D

In December we dived both Turneffe and Glovers from the liveaboard Nekton Pilot.
I would say the wall at Glovers is a bit more impressive. The reef structure; i.e., larger and more massive coral heads, were also found near Glovers.

At Turneffe, there may have been a few more fish and while the coral heads were not quite as impressive the dives were equally good. On top of the reef and in the sandy areas on the shore side the average depth was a little less and we prefer shallow to deep.

You probably can't go wrong in either place. You might want to check out the Nekton. If your going to dive you may find the total cost of the Nekton to be equal to or less than a nice hotel plus meals, plus diving.

My wife and I went to Turniff last April. It was great. The diving was very good. Everyone at the resort was really friendly. It is a small resort and after only a couple of days everyone seemed like old friends. It was kind of nice having a mixture of fisherman and divers because everyone shared their experiences. The food was excellent. Everyone was very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom