Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darren

Reaction score
Anyone been to Belize, Have heard it is beautiful but not much about the diving or the cost?? Thanks

I've not been, but my wife and I are going down there this August. There are some pretty good deals depending on where you go and how you piece your trip together. The PADI website has a special for Ambergris Caye, or Natasha can hook you up with someone who has an almost identical deal to the PADI deal. Natasha's friend could probably tailor your trip to suit your needs. Check with her on that,though,(she's the travel expert here). I believe Belize would probably be a little cheaper than you would find in other parts of the Carribean(with the exception of maybe Mexico). Also, if your serious about going, The Lonely Panet Guide puts out a diving and snorkelling guide to different destinations. I got the one for Belize. It's really good. It gives you diving conditions for all the main diving sites(visibility, proximity to your resort, skill level, current, and different types of fish and coral at the different sites, etc.). It's worth reading if your planning a dive trip.

Oh... I guess in my last post I only mentioned one place in Belize. Now, mind you, I've not been there(yet) and my information is based on what I've read or been told, but, there are better dive sites than Ambergris Caye. We are going there because there is some nightlife there and some of the attractions on the mainland are more easily accessable from there. If you're there to dive, you might also want to look into some of the other sites. Blue Hole, I've heard, is pretty cool, and worth doing once, but there is better diving elswhere. There is also Lighthouse Reef, Turneffe Atoll, and Glover's Reef. These places are more expensive, but the diving is supposed to be better there. Again, this is not from personal experience, just from the research I've done. I hope it helps.

Guys!
Belize is in Central America, not the Caribbean.
Because of this American citizens need a Passport, not just a birth certificate to enter.
With that said, looks like Zagnut has indeed done his homework. I gree with everything he said.
You'll both love Belize.
:sunny:

I posted my original thread without seeing the Central America section(I guess I wasn't paying attention). I noticed it afterwards and I see you moved my thread to it's rightful spot. I tried to find a way to move it after I noticed it but I guess that's a regulator thing. Looks like Darren made the same mistake. Anyhows, whoops.. Sorry about the extra website tidy-up work, and thanks again for the useful info.

p.s.
Got my passport in the mail yesterday..WooHoo!!..(I can't wait!!)

Thanks for the kind words. And no problem moving the posts. That's what our "job" is! :)
Glad your passport came. I can't wait to hear your trip report.
Remember to tell people about Scuba Source while you're down there!
:sunny:

Back
Top Bottom