Benefit of shallow Nitrox offgasing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

another option would be to surface normally( safely) and finish the remaining gas on the boat, since if you breath a higher % of oxygen on the boat you will of gas faster, i have read some where that commercial diver were using pure oxygen on the surface to cut down their no fly time( there are some discussion on scuba board about it) , i am not sure how much breathing 32% Nitrox would help but i'm sure you off gas a little faster than if you breath normal air on the surface. how much ???? no clue ?????

just some food for though. :)

It bet the amount of difference would be too small to effectively measure.

another option would be to surface normally( safely) and finish the remaining gas on the boat, since if you breath a higher % of oxygen on the boat you will of gas faster, i have read some where that commercial diver were using pure oxygen on the surface to cut down their no fly time( there are some discussion on scuba board about it) , i am not sure how much breathing 32% Nitrox would help but i'm sure you off gas a little faster than if you breath normal air on the surface. how much ???? no clue ?????
)

just did some more research and from what i understand it would actually be better to off gas on nitrox at you 5m/15 feet stop side the ATA of oxygen is greater there and the ATA of nitrogen is still low enough.

At 5mt, on EAN32, your END is ~ 2mt shallower, at about 3mt. You're not going to increase any pressure differentials very much. May as well go to the surface & get half an ATA extra.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom