Bent diver at Yukon - California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice missive but no info...?? :confused:

Plenty of info. The diver seems to be taking responsibility for what happened and is praising the dive op for their assistance, so this is a winner in my book.

As much as we'd like to know what happened so we can beat the bejeezus out of it and play the "what-if-and-who's-at-fault game, we can't really expect that we'll get that for every, or any, event.

Plenty of info. The diver seems to be taking responsibility for what happened and is praising the dive op for their assistance, so this is a winner in my book.

As much as we'd like to know what happened so we can beat the bejeezus out of it and play the "what-if-and-who's-at-fault game, we can't really expect that we'll get that for every, or any, event.
Blamestorming is not allowed of course, but we had so very little info. The second story posted said "It was reported that the woman was diving off the Yukon shipwreck earlier in the day," which sounded like the hit was recognized later, while the email recently linked sounds like the surfaced in distress and the skipper rescued her. Sure, I have to wonder where the buddy was and why didn't s/he get involved - or maybe s/he did? :idk:

Nice missive but no info...?? :confused:
I don't think the victim owes us a window into her medical situation, or into the circumstances of her incident. Perhaps it's the curse of reality television that we think we're entitled to know other people's personal business. It was nice of her to acknowledge the crew's competence and nip internet speculation in the bud. I am glad she's okay.

I'm glad she is OK,but wasn't there a mate on board to jump in?
The Capt. put everyone in danger when he left the boat.

They have two crew members aboard. Both are DM/Instructors and licensed captains. If one enters the water, the other can still run the boat, the radios, the O2, etc.

So, no. The captain didn't put everyone in danger. He saved a life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dove with Waterhorse charters two summers ago. In fact we did the Yukon and wreck alley. The Yukon was not an easy dive with very cold water temps, low vis, depth, and kelp.

I felt the Op was well run and personable. A husband, wife team run this boat, and they were both very nice. Apparently the captn is not afraid to get wet! That is some cold water, 59F in July.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom