Best (advanced) trimix dive sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theriel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering - what would you describe as the best trimix (<60m) or advanced trimix (60m+) dive sites in Egypt, apart from the Blue Hole in Dahab?

Thank you for your help and recommendations!

Not speaking from personal experience, but the wreck of the Rosalie Moller gets regular praise from tech wreck divers.

Big Canyon.

I didn't really enjoy Tiger Canyon as the entry is difficult. But is an ok dive.

Right off of the lighthouse area is also ok. There is a table setting around 165 feet.

But, you could spend all week diving the Blue Hole inside and out top to bottom. We did 5 trimix dives there in 2019, 2 in 2021, and will probably do another 3 or 4 this year.

Big Canyon.

I didn't really enjoy Tiger Canyon as the entry is difficult. But is an ok dive.

Right off of the lighthouse area is also ok. There is a table setting around 165 feet.

But, you could spend all week diving the Blue Hole inside and out top to bottom. We did 5 trimix dives there in 2019, 2 in 2021, and will probably do another 3 or 4 this year.
Is the Blue Hole a shore dive?

Yes. You have to walk about 25 feet from the road to the water. But, that 25 feet is really dangerous. In 2019, I tripped several times on snorkelers flip flops discarded on the path. There were so many people there standing around that they just pushed me back upright.

Yes. You have to walk about 25 feet from the road to the water. But, that 25 feet is really dangerous. In 2019, I tripped several times on snorkelers flip flops discarded on the path. There were so many people there standing around that they just pushed me back upright.
I heard the Blue Hole was overrated and garbage strewn below, so I hope someday I can dive in Hurghada.

The snokelers leave a lot of trash around, particularly water bottles. Since they started collecting an entrance fee, I would hope that they hire some people to clean up the place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom