Best Bauer price (USA)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcwalsh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Best Bauer distributor for price/service in North America? Looking for a Junior II or Oceanic.

Best Bauer distributor for price/service in North America? Looking for a Junior II or Oceanic.
I went with Breathing Air Systems when I bought my Junior II. I was shocked at the lack of knowledge around anything to do with my compressor when I went to pick it up. It was like they had never seen it before. I called them once to ask a question and didn't get an answer. It seems like they specialize more in fire fighting equipment. I do not expect much from them so I do not recommend them.

I have heard really good things about August Industries and I purchase odds and ends from them. If I could go back, I would have spent the extra for the Oceanus. Faster fill times and ability to grow into a cascade system which the Junior II isn't rated for.

Breathing Air has terrible service and ridiculous shipping charges.
Every time I order, they quote over $100 USD for shipping a tiny part. When I squawk, and say never mind, cancel the order, they drop it to around $50 USD. Pictures of the huge box (13x13x10") for a pressure relief valve, about 2" long, weighing maybe a whole ounce (no wonder the shipping is nuts)

Attachments

• IMG-6209.jpg
    IMG-6209.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-6210.jpg
    IMG-6210.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 41
Breathing Air has terrible service and ridiculous shipping charges.
Every time I order, they quote over $100 USD for shipping a tiny part. When I squawk, and say never mind, cancel the order, they drop it to around $50 USD. Pictures of the huge box (13x13x10") for a pressure relief valve, about 2" long, weighing maybe a whole ounce (no wonder the shipping is nuts)
Sorry, this made me laugh pretty hard. Yeah, I am super unimpressed with Breathing Air Systems. Will avoid them at all costs.

How about Bauer directly? I started with inquiries with local reps (there was differences in pricing between them), and once I accepted the quote, everything was done directly through Bauer's main office..

Back
Top Bottom