Best CRV3 Li-Ion rechargable for SP-350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What about the voltage ? Does anybody know is it 3.6V safe for SP-350 ?

I would be nervous about using a bat that says it outputs 3.6v in a device that typically runs on 3.0v. Read the manual to see if there is a warning against using rechargeables. I would think any device manufactured in recent years would accomodate rechargeables as they have become commonly used.

Many rechargeables output a slightly higher voltage when fully charged than their non-rechargeable equivalent. This voltage quickly drops to the nominal voltage where it remains constant until nearly depleted, then drops off rapidly. I wouldn't be surprised if those 3.0v and 3.6v batteries weren't the same but just marketed the specs differently.

Thanks all for your input.

Here's what I bought off of ebay yesterday for my SP-350.

4 Li-ion batteries 1400 mA and 2 chargers, with shipping, was under $50 bucks. I liked this charger style with the fold up AC power prongs, less cables and AC adapters to worry about.

CR-V3 RCRV3 Rechargeable Li-Ion 1400mAh Battery NEW NEW - eBay (item 360116003956 end time Mar-12-09 10:37:33 PDT)

Battery Charger for Li-Ion CR-V3 CRV3 RCR-V3 AC/DC - eBay (item 200196092834 end time Feb-21-09 17:13:43 PST)

Sooooo, I should be well set up for living on Roatan for 6 weeks. Can't wait, I'm headed out March through Mid April.

Cool. Make sure you post Pix!!!

Roatan Pictures? you mean like these from my last trip down to see "Fridgerator sized barrel sponges and do a shark dive?

cocoview is an awesome resort. and I love my wide angle lens on the SP-350. DS-125 strobe is great and would LOVE to get a twin for it.

Attachments

• CCVsponge.jpg
    CCVsponge.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 30
  • CCVsharkdive.jpg
    CCVsharkdive.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 35
So my SP-350/PT-030 flooded itself last trip (thats right, no operator error---my story and I'm sticking to it). I was able to pull the battery within a couple minutes of flooding (not a leak- the whole housing filled with seawater). I let it dry out and tried it in an old Kodak P&S I use at work. It not only still had a charge and fired up, but took a complete charge. Other than a bit of corrosion on the termial plates which wiped right off, I see no damage to the battery. Now, I am not going to continue to use it for obvious reasons, but good to know that if I was on a dive vacation and that was all I had, even after getting it wet (dropping in a rinse tank, minor flood where only the battery area etc got wet) it would still function.

Mike,

Sorry to hear about your camera flood. As you know both Sharol and I have experienced flood damage and it is no fun.

Hope you have a new setup soon.

Mike Carter

Thanks Mike. It's no fun looking at your housing and having it look like an underwater aquarium.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom