Best CRV3 Li-Ion rechargable for SP-350

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay, so I took a risk for the SP-350 team. :D

Got my 2 chargers and 4 Li-Ion batteries real quick from the Ebay seller. :)

Charged them up, nice charger that has a red light while charging, turns to green when charged. Batteries showed up with s 3.5-3.6V charge level, took at least 3-4 hours to get them to turn to "green" on the charger.

All voltage measurements taken with a $200 Fluke volt meter, so that's a non issue.

Even with the software update, and even with fairly fresh AA alkalines, the camera low battery warning comes on at 1.42 volts. 2.84 volts for the pack. 3.2V maybe with brand new batteries.

YIKES, new CRV3 li-ions were 3.9 volts coming off the charger...........:confused: do I dare put these into my camera, that seemed like a pretty hot voltage. AA's fresh alkalines may be 1.55-1.6 volts new so a pair would be 3.2 Volts.

But put in almost a 4.0 volt CRV3 li-ion rechargable pack? to my rare and valued SP-350?

So, I called up Olympus service center, very nice technical service guy, said go for it, an over voltage and the camera shouldn't turn on.............

with a held breath, I put a pack in, and WHAM...................grins..it turned on fast, shot photos fast, works fast, and no smoke came out from behind the lens. YEAH BABY!:eyebrow:

So, even with a 3.9 volt fully charged pack, the camera works fine and doesn't blow.

Check my prior Ebay links, for $5 and $6 for batteries and charger, I'm totally happy buying 4 battery packs and 2 chargers for under $50.

Pictures show the goodies! Chargers are nice small and compact, AC plug swings out to the side from the back. Batteries are nicely shrink wrapped.

No regrets, go for it if you want some Li-ion batteries. I'll post more later to see how I like the voltage lifespan after 125 shots underwater during a dive.

Attachments

• P2236825.JPG
    P2236825.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 43
Very cool. I recommend you use the camera before your first dive in order to run the batteries down and recharge them. My experience w/lithium ions and what I've read says they tend to run down fast the first couple of times, then hold their charge longer after a couple of recharges. First time I charged mine, the camera shut off after 15 or 20 minutes of use. I ran the batteries fully down by leaving the camera on and viewing pics, taking pics, etc. and recharged and the next time they were fine for hours of use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom