Best deal on "deluxe" harness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, and I think I'd like that but, LP has Dive Rite on sale. What do you think about the
deluxe $40?

Too bad you weren't looking when I sold mine. Of course I was selling it because I couldn't stand the quick-release buckle digging into my collar bone, especially while walking with the rig out of the water.

:D

Find my hogarthian H harness to be far more comfortable than the DR "deluxe" setup.

Too bad you weren't looking when I sold mine. Of course I was selling it because I couldn't stand the quick-release buckle digging into my collar bone, especially while walking with the rig out of the water.

:D

Find my hogarthian H harness to be far more comfortable than the DR "deluxe" setup.

Right on the collar bone, yeah. Seems like a bad place. I was hoping I could position that a bit lower, like where my BC has it now.

Probably too tight or a technique problem. OTOH, who cares if he needs a little help. Does he solo dive?

Tobin

Good point. He's not solo so it's not a big deal. It's not a big deal to work with the Hog style and it's not a big deal to add a simple release or another strap. Both seem to be minor darn issues based on preference:D

Good point. He's not solo so it's not a big deal. It's not a big deal to work with the Hog style and it's not a big deal to add a simple release or another strap. Both seem to be minor darn issues based on preference:D

IIRC you are in the process of setting up you first BP&W and have not actually used one.

Time will tell if a release still seems like a good or necessary "solution" after you have a bit of real experience.

There was a time when a Pony bottle "seemed" like a good idea to me:wink:

Tobin

Yes, and I think I'd like that but, LP has Dive Rite on sale. What do you think about the
deluxe $40:
Dive-Rite Deluxe Harness with Quick Release Buckles (1080Q) from LeisurePro.com

and Transplate $77:
Dive Rite Transplate from LeisurePro.com
I dive the transplate (which I got from ST after they pricematched LP), because after reconstructive surgery on my shoulder, the last thing I want to do is tweak it getting out of a harness. The transplate I can just pop a buckle and I'm out. Another option is to use a regular hog harness and just put a buckle in on one side with a loop of webbing behind it, so if the buckle breaks, the webbing will still be there.

I went with the Transplate. For $77 I figure it's worth a try. If I want to go more simple, I can easily switch out.

I'm excited about my new rig. Mach V wing, Hammerhead BP/STA and Transplate. Can't wait to get this setup.

I went with the Transplate. For $77 I figure it's worth a try. If I want to go more simple, I can easily switch out.

I'm excited about my new rig. Mach V wing, Hammerhead BP/STA and Transplate. Can't wait to get this setup.

I can't wait to find out how you're gonna configure a BP + STA + a Transplate!

Uh-oh!:lotsalove: Did I miss something? The Transplate is simply a "deluxe" style harness, right?

says:
.... The TransPlate Harness accommodates both stainless steel and aluminum back plates; additionally, it allows you the ability to switch between single and two-bottle diving.

UPDATE II:
Little Joe at scubatoys said "No problem - nice setup". You worried me there!

Seems the Transplate is made to go with a BP and the STA has nothing to do with it. What's the problem ?

Just had my right shoulder rebuilt and the left shoulder strap has always been a pain to get over my dry suit dump valve. One quick release was a no brainer.

Somebody needs to do a novel on Epic Delrin Buckle Failures. Should be a best seller.

adios don O

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom