Best diving places colombia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxdufour

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, I’m a DM with ~120 dives.

I’m in Colombia (cartagena) right now. I’m looking for the best places to dive.

I’ve heard about providencia and san andres. What do you guys think?

Any recommandation?

Thank you

Hey guys, I’m a DM with ~120 dives.

I’m in Colombia (cartagena) right now. I’m looking for the best places to dive.

I’ve heard about providencia and san andres. What do you guys think?

Any recommandation?

Thank you
I asked my Colombian scuba instructor about diving in Colombia at Santa Marta/Taganga and was told it wasn't good. I was told San Andrés and Providencia were good. However, they are off the coast of Nicaragua so you would need to fly there. The flight is a couple hours out of Bogota. I have been to San Andrés but only for vacation, not to dive. Please post where you end up diving.

Thank you for the informations
I asked my Colombian scuba instructor about diving in Colombia at Santa Marta/Taganga and was told it wasn't good. I was told San Andrés and Providencia were good. However, they are off the coast of Nicaragua so you would need to fly there. The flight is a couple hours out of Bogota. I have been to San Andrés but only for vacation, not to dive. Please post where you end up diving.

I'm also from Columbia, but I don't know the diving situation there. Looking forward to some more answers.

In Taganga - Santa Marta all depends to which dive site you go, lots of easy sites for beginners and OW. but the are also really challenging dive sites, also from december to april rough surface conditiosn to strong wind, water temp, can drop below 20° Celsius. Some dive sites can have very strong currents fit well for technical diving corals up to 75m. So you need to check if are there are lots of DSD and Open Water courses on the boat and you know where the OP goes.

Just did a couple of dives out of Cartegena at the Rosario Islands with Diving Planet. They were well organized and very competent. 100ft Visibility. Water was 85ºF. All equipment included. No drift. Some parts very shallow, with walls that go deep, But the dive instructor kept the group above 18m (60ft) or so. The coral is very healthy here. Not a lot of large sea life, but the biomass of reef fish wasn’t bad. Watch the ocean weather before you go. There were some windy/choppy days in the week that we chose not to dive, and dove on a very nice, calm day.

Back
Top Bottom