Best Egypt shore diving other than Dahab?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey there!

You might want to consider Nuweiba for really good Red Sea shore diving, too! Situated about 60km North of Dahab, Nuweiba offers about 30 different dive sites.

Let me know, if you'd like more info!

i have shore dived at Lahami, Nakari, Shagra, Hurghada, Sharm, Dahab & Nuweiba & the house reef off the beach at the Hilton in Nuweiba (Abu Lou Lou) is in my top three.

3 years ago in Marsa Alam in the 1st week of October we had consistent 28C/82F water temps everyday :)

A little cooler at deeper depths

Nice, that is def warm enough for the shorties... here is hoping global warming comes through for me this year!

The June issue of Diver Magazine had Abu Lou Lou at Nuweiba as one of the top 5 underrated Red Sea sites.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic. In fact I thought the shore diving from Nuweiba, Ras Magaana and Ras Mamlach was top drawer.

On a side note (to hijack my own thread), any tips on how to get a taxi from a resort near Marsa Alam airport to Luxor?

I can probably work with the resort to book one, but figure they will add on a hefty surcharge

Check this link , have not used them: Home Page

Just got back from a weeks diving at Dahab, did El Quseir in April/May this year. Find diving at Dahab easier with many of the dive sites next to each other, while at El Quseir and Marsa Alam the sites are more spread out. Quality wise is hard to judge for me as I am still a beginner and busy with diving. Dahab was busy.
I have photos and reviews on Scubadviser.com

Have been in El Gouna in begining of October last year, temp was up to 35°C during mid afternoon, down to about 23°C at night, sea temp 27°C and very windy.

So to hi-jack my own thread: does anybody have advice on where to find someone to transport me from a resort near Marsa Alam airport to Luxor? I know I can probably have the resort set it up -- but assume that will be much more expensive than finding the service myself.

Also, if anyone reccomends a particular tour company for tours around luxor and cairo, please feel free to name them.

Thanks all!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom